Ah the joys of drinking fresh fruit. It’s a fantastic way to get a whole lot of nutrition into your body in a very quick to digest method. This simple to make in a blender drink is not only super tasty, it’s also supercharged with good stuff for you.
- 1 small granny smith apple (cored)
- 1 regular banana
- 1/2 cup water or buttermilk
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tbsp oat bran
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp powdered chocolate (optional if using Shakeology)
- 1 scoop of Shakeology (recommended)
Peel the banana and tip it into the blender. Add 1/2 cup of water or buttermilk. Tip in yogurt, honey, wheat germ, oat bran, flax seed, powdered chocolate or Shakeology. Cover the blender and let it blend.
While the blender is going, slice and core the granny smith apple. As the blender is going, lift the lid and slowly add each slice of apple and allow it to blend. Add several ice cubes. Re-cover the blender and let blend until creamy smooth.
Makes two glasses worth for you and your significant other (unless you hog it all to yourself).
This is not a meal replacement. It makes an excellent drink to go with most breakfasts, or any meal you want to share it with.
Cue the screaming guitars and slam! You’ve got an amazing tasty morning drink!
Prep time: 2-3 minutes. Total time: 3-5 minutes.
* Organic ingredients are desirable. This will often mean being seasonal with the fruit. Fresh is best. If using buttermilk it’s best if from cows not treated with RBST. Local honey is ideal.